The Senior Account Manager will play a key role in driving customer renewals and the upsell of new business opportunities and head a team of two Customer Success Specialists.
The Senior Account Manager is responsible for implementing and executing renewals best practices and is responsible for monitoring forecasting, customer satisfaction, churn, and delivering on customer retention.
The Senior Account Manager will be responsible for owning a portfolio of accounts where the focus is to ensure customers are receiving long-term value, thereby leading to overall adoption, retention, expansion, and renewals throughout their customer journey.
The Senior Account Manager will be measured based on their ability to ensure customers are set up for success, identify growth opportunities, and maximising the lifetime value of each account.
- Provide an accurate monthly renewal forecast for the rolling 12 months.
- Engage in ongoing process improvements to identify customers who have high potential of churn and up-sell.
- Identify “at-risk” renewal clients early in the cycle and develop resolution strategies, escalating wherever appropriate.
- Provide the Customer Success Specialists with regular status updates and accurate visibility to at-risk accounts and escalate as needed for support.
- Manage all renewals including:
- Multi-year Upsell
- Product Cross-sells
- Develop dashboards and renewals process timelines to ensure proactive engagements and drive on-time renewals
- Develop and nurture customers to become advocates on behalf of the business
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the business product portfolio and articulate the advantages of our solution against competitors
- Identify up-sell or cross-sell opportunities within each account and hand over to the sales team
- Recognise trends to help develop programmes which maximise retention.
- Proactively monitor and identify risk factors such as product usage, customer issues, roadblocks, pain points, training needs and develop mitigation/resolution strategies to minimize attrition.
- Manage renewal related escalations as required — ensuring the correct people are involved at the correct time
- Promote new product features and provide customer feedback to the Product Delivery Manager
- Track customer interactions within the CRM system.
- Identify key decision makers and groups within the customer portfolio and build strong relationships to enable an efficient process
- Work with customers to ensure the correct documentation is obtained and is ‘in order’ to close out the renewals
- Develop and execute negotiation strategies that position favourable terms, incremental price increases, grow number of multi-year renewals, and maximize contract value.
- Customer-facing experience working in Sales or Customer Success is required.
- Fluent in commercial conversation with sales teams and able to provide necessary guidance to successful outcomes
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and a CRM/ERP system
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and highly organised and able to handle a high volume of activity efficiently