We are recruiting an accounts clerk / book keeper to join our client’s growing practice. You will be methodical, experienced, and forward thinking, with the drive and determination to develop your career.
As part of the valued team, you can look forward to working within a people orientated and supportive practice that is committed to your career development.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
· Involvement in the day-to-day activities of the company
· Book keeping for a number of businesses, preparing company and personal accounts, and VAT returns. This may be work done collectively as part of the team, or on an individual basis.
· Managing your day-today workload and resources, to ensure timely delivery of work to a consistent standard.
· Provide customer support, and answer any queries arising.
· Strive for quality and excellence in your work
You have the following skills and experience;
· Qualified book keeper (AAT), PQ accountant, or QBE
· General book keeping, VAT returns and spreadsheet experience
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Have an eye for detail and accuracy with figures
· Good IT skills, particularly EXCEL. Knowledge of XERO and Sage an advantage
Reporting to the VAT Supervisor, this is a ‘hands on’ role. You are able to prioritise your own workload, and work unsupervised, as well as work with an experienced team of clerks.